I was nominated for a blogger award. How cool and amazing is that? I can’t even begin to describe how proud I am, but I’ll try.
I’m not a writer, I don’t think I have a way with words, or even have all that much to say, so to have people read my book reviews (thank you!!!), like my posts (thank you more!!), and then tell me they nominated me for the award has left me completely stunned. It’s the most incredible and amazing feeling and made my week, if not my month, or even year 🙂
A great big thank you to husbandandhusband.net for nominating me. I’ve only recently discovered this blog, and I think these two guys are the best. They are both incredibly talented: I just started reading Elijah Dart: Angel of Death by Jonathan Ferrara and I love it already. I’m having a hard time putting it down. Aaron Ferrara is equally talented.His illustrations are stunning and his cartoons crack me up like nothing else.
Their blog is a great mix of personal stories, book reviews, great art, and is so beautifully done. I’m in awe of these 2 incredibly talented, funny and amazing guys, Jonathan and Aaron.
Link to the blogger who took the time to nominate you. List seven random things about yourself. Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers. Notify the amazing people that you nominated for the award.
7 Random things about me.
1. I hate spiders. And not just hate, but HATE to the point where I shudder, cry and scream like a 3 year old girl, who dropped her ice cream
2. I’ve lived in Canada most of my life, but I’m not Canadian…yet
3. One of my proudest accomplishments is reaching Top 500 Reviewer status on amazon.ca. Is it weird that I’m almost prouder of that than my master’s degree?
4. My guilty pleasure is reality TV
5. And chocolate
6. I’m completely inept at customizing my blog. I don’t have the first clue how to make any changes or even how to add pages. I manage to add posts and that’s all I need I guess.
7. wow, this is hard…..hmmm…..another random fact about me…..I love really expensive purses and think nothing of wearing them with work boots and coveralls.
1. Books To Get Lost In. A fellow German, what’s not to like?
2. Ana’s Lair. I like her reviews, I like her writing style. always entertaining
3. Ajooba Cats. Not just pretty cats, but good book reviews too.
4. Duck Duck Grey Duck. so funny….just….so funny.
5. Little Blog Of Books Seems to be a fairly new book review blog, but I love her style
6. No Time For Flash Cards. My only non-frivolous nomination. I have great respect for Allison and her mission to provide adults with fun and educational activities for their kids.
7. Kamakawida. Beautiful pictures, beautifully put together.